Recap City Council Meeting January 21, 2020
We began at 5:30pm in City Hall with the Fire Department Pinning Ceremony. We had a promotion and some new hires to welcome to our Fire Department.
The Consent Agenda had three items. The agenda passed with a 7-0 vote.
1. Resolution 2020-03, Waterman Village Streetsweeping Agreement
2. Resolution 2020-01, Amending the Agreement with the Mount Dora Lawn Bowling Club
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes
-December 17, 2019 Regular City Council Meeting
-December 17, 2019 Northeast CRA Board
-January 7, 2020, Regular City Council
We had three Resolutions for discussion and vote:
1. Resolution 2020-02, Real Property Exchange Agreement, Maxwell Windsor Property for Round Lake Road Lift Station Site. This passed 7-0
2. Resolution 2020-08,
Approval of Task Authorization for Concept Plans and Design Services for Cauley Lott Park Renovation from GAI Community Solutions Group. This passed 7-0
3. Resolution 2019-177, Authorization to Negotiate a Power Supply Agreement to Meet the City's Energy Needs. This passed 7-0
We have two Ordinances for discussion and vote:
1. First Reading Ordinance 2020-03, Land Development Code Amendment pertaining to Bed and Breakfast Establishments. This passed 7-0
2. Final Reading of Ordinance 2020-01, Change in Zoning Bristol Lakes, Phase II, LLC. This passed 7-0
We had some updates regarding ongoing construction projects in the City:
-On-site Engineering has begun for renovation of the Lincoln Pool & Facilities
-The 4th Ave Docks will be repaired by adding 6 new piles and replacing 1 pile along the outermost section of the docks. While those renovations are completed, beginning in mid-February, damaged cleats/caps, etc. will also be repaired.
-Recently purchased Bradner Property that will be the home to Fire Station #35 will undergo Environmental Remediation this week. Next month the building will be tested for Asbestos and Lead before it is demolished.
There were two appointments to Parks & Recreation. Mr. Crail appointed Mark Woerner and the Mayor chose Don Stuart as an alternate.
Future Meeting Dates:
February 4, 2020, 5:30pm Regular Meeting
February 18, 2020, 5:30pm Regular Meeting
March 3, 2020, 5:30pm Regular Meeting
March 6, 2020, 8:00am Work Session - Finalize Strategic Planning and Discuss Budget Parameter for Fiscal Year 2020-2021, Community Building
March 17, 2020, 5:30pm Regular Meeting
If you wish to receive notifications of the meeting recaps and the upcoming meeting posts please email me at the address below and I'll add you to the list. As always, if you have any questions or need any clarification please reach out to me. Thank you.