Recap City Council Meeting Nov 19, 2019
We began at 5:30pm with Mayor-elect Cathy Hoechst, Councilmembers Marc Crail and Harmon Massey being sworn in by our City Clerk.
We had two presentations:
1. Winners announced in Light Pole Banner Contest. Matt Hyland, Cathy Shoemaker and Christine Smith each won $800 for their winning entry. These banners will be displayed on street light poles around Mount Dora after the holiday banners come down.
2. Proclamation for 2019 Small Business Saturday. The Mayor read a proclamation for Small Business Saturday to support your local businesses on November 30th.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
October 15, 2019 City Council Work Session
October 15, 2019 CRA Governing Board
October 15, 2019 City Council Regular Session
November 5, 2019 City Council Regular Session
We had five Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2019-134, Authorization of real property purchase from Joe and Shirley Bradner. This passed with a 6-1 vote. Stile was the no vote based on the price of the property, $569,000 for 2.7 acres.
2. Resolution 2019-181, Provision of Substation Maintenance Services. This passed 7-0.
3. Resolution 2019-186, Authorization for the W.T. Bland Public Library to host a Food for Fines Donation Drive. This passed 7-0.
4. Resolution 2019-187, FY 2018-19 Year End Budget Amendment. This passed 7-0.
5. Resolution 2019-176, Purchase of Bucket Truck from Altec Industries under Sourcewell Government Agency Purchasing Cooperative Contracts. This passed 7-0.
Future Meeting Dates:
December 3, 2019 - 5:30pm
December 17, 2019 - 5:30pm
January 7, 2020 - 5:30pm
January 21, 2020 - 5:30pm
Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. If you have any questions at all please reach out.