Recap of City Council Meeting - April 21, 2020
We began at 5:30pm with City Council meeting via Zoom, an online video conferencing tool.
We began with two presentations:
1. Home Rule Hero Award. Both Councilmemebr Cal Rolfson and City Clerk Gwen Johns were recognized as Home Rule Heroes for their commitment to the Florida League of Cities and our City's right to Home Rule.
2. April is Water Conservation Month - The Mayor read a proclamation recognizing April as Water Conservation Month.
The Consent Agenda had two items and was approved unanimously.
1. Resolution 2020-53, Approval to Purchase Replacement Servers
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes:
-April 7, 2020 CRA Governing Board
-April 7, 2020 NECRA Governing Board
-April 7, 2020 Regular City Council
We had three Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2020-40, Piggyback with Granite Inliner, Inc. Approved 7-0
2. Resolution 2020-21, Amendment to Task Order No. 1 for Improvements to Wastewater Treatment Plant No. 1 Approved 7-0
3. Resolution 2020-64, Communications Media Technology Meetings Approved 7-0
We had one discussion item:
1. Restatement of Resolution 2020-52, Local State of Emergency - Our Local State of Emergency will remain in place for now. The Governor is anticipated to begin to open the state for business by the end of the month. A formal announcement is anticipated for the end of this week.
City Manager Discussion:
1. Construction Projects Update - The parking lot at 3rd & Baker will be closed for 60 days for a complete overhaul of the grass, which to this point has not been a success. This will come at no cost to the City as it was the fault of both the engineer as well as the contractor. Planning sessions are set to begin on work to the Lincoln Pool, as well as Fire Station 34 and 35.
2. Byrne Grant Approval - The Police Department accepted this grant to purchase needed materials through an annual grant.
Should you have any questions or concerns or need clarification on anything please reach out to me anytime. We are hoping to be able to hold the May 5th City Council meeting in the Community Building to allow for public input in person while maintaining safe distancing. Stay tuned for more info.
City Council At-Large