Recap of City Council Meeting - March 3, 2020
We began at 5:30pm in City Hall
We had two presentations:
1. Purple Heart City Plaque Presentation
2. Ocala Mountain Bike Association Celebrates the Tenth Anniversary of the Mount Dora Trail
We had four items on the Consent Agenda. The Consent Agenda was approved unanimously.
1. Resolution 2020-15, Approval of Piggyback Agreement with Guardian Equipment, Inc.
2. Resolution 2020-16, Lakes of Mount Dora Streetsweeping Agreement
3. Interlocal Agreement with Lake County Sheriff's Office and the Police Departments for the Cities of Mount Dora, Leesburg, Groveland and Eustis
4. Approval of Meeting Minutes
-February 18, 2020 Regular Council Meeting
-February 18, 2020 Northeast CRA Governing Board
We had five Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2020-09, Approval of Preliminary Plat Wekiva Ridge. Approved 7-0
2. Resolution 2020-13, Approval of Liberty Estates Minor Subdivision (Replat). Approved 7-0
3. Resolution 2020-22, Approval of Preliminary Plat Limit Ave Property. Approved 7-0
4. Resolution 2020-31, Approval of the Agreement for All-Requirements Purchase and Sale of Electric Energy and Capacity with Orlando Utilities Commission. Approved 7-0
5. Resolution 2020-37, Helen Street Drainage Improvements Phase I. Approved 7-0
We had four Ordinances:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2020-02, Final PUD Donnelly Woods. This passed 5-2. Mr. Crail and Ms. Burtnett voted against this Ordinance.
2. First Reading of Ordinance 2020-04, Comprehensive Plan EAR-Based Amendments (Transmittal Hearing). Approved 7-0
3. Final Reading Ordinance 2020-06, Amendment to the City of Mount Dora Police Officers Pension Fund. Approved 7-0
4. Final Reading Ordinance 2020-07, Amendment to the City of Mount Dora Firefighters Pension Fund. Approved 7-0
Some updates that came from our City Manager:
17 households qualified for the Fire Assessment Fee Hardship Program. The expense to the City for these Hardship Fees is just over $2,800
Lights will be installed in the parking lot at 3rd & Baker by the end of this month. The parking lot will be closed from May through July to repair the grass in the lot. There is a potential for additional cost during these repairs. The engineer has suggested the City consider laying rock in the "travel" area that circles the inside of the lot. City Staff will present pricing for the rock at our meeting on March 17, 2020.
Lastly, the Mount Dora Golf Association will experience some demolition this month. The dilapidated building next to the tennis courts will be demolished. At the same time, the tennis courts will be torn up and removed along with the fencing and lighting in that area. Nothing about the golf course or the clubhouse will be a part of this demolition.
Future Meeting Dates:
March 6, 2020, 8:00am - 11:00am, Work Session (Strategic Plan) - Community Building Lobby
March 17, 2020, 5:30pm, Regular Council Meeting
April 7, 2020, 8:30am - 1:00pm, Budget Parameters Work Session (tentative)
April 7, 5:30pm, Regular Council Meeting
April 21, 2020, 5:30pm, Regular Session
If you have any questions related to the meeting or anything else I can help with please reach out anytime.