Recap of December 17, 2019 Regular Meeting
We began at 5:30pm at City Hall with three items on the Consent Agenda. Consent agenda passed 7-0.
1. Resolution 2019-190, Approval of Levey Consulting Work Order 1C.
2. Resolution 2019-192, Approval of Ordinance Exemptions for the 2019 New Year's Eve Block Party
3. Approval of City Council Minutes:
-November 19, 2019 City Council Swearing-In
-November 19, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
-December 3, 2019 City Council Swearing-In
-December 3, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
We had three Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2019-191, Acceptance of Awarded Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) Grant for Cauley Lott Park Renovation, and Associated Budget Amendment. Passed 7-0.
2. Resolution 2019-178, Provision of Utility Tree Trimming Services. Passed 7-0.
3. Resolution 2019-184, Piggyback Agreement for RCM Utilities with Zephyrhills. Passed 7-0.
We had two Ordinances:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-21, Annexation Bristol Lakes Phase II, LLC. Passed 7-0.
2. Final Reading of Ordinance 2019-20, Final PUD Cottages on 11th. Passed 5-2 (Burtnett & Stile voting against).
1. Discussion Regarding Future Use of Highland Ave Property (Former Public Works Facility). City Council agreed to have the City Manager along with her staff move forward with plans for 18-24 Pickleball Courts, additional Tennis Courts, A 25,000 sq ft Community Center, much needed additional parking, enhancements to the Dog Park, Baseball Fields and more. Tonight's presentation was all very preliminary, mainly an attempt to gauge Council's direction for City Staff. Council agreed unanimously to move forward with plans for this project where our Public Works Building used to sit.
1. Lake County Library Advisory Board Appointment - Robert Harris Turner was appointed.
2. Lake-Sumter MPO Governing Board - Mayor Cathy Hoechst was appointed with Mr. Crail as the alternate.
3. Advisory Board Appointments - All existing board members that wanted to remain serving on their respective boards were approved.
City Attorney's Report:
1. Claims Update - No claims.
2. Bradner Property Update - Extension has been requested until December 23rd because the appraisal is not yet complete.
January 7, 2020 - 5:30pm
January 17, 2020 - Strategic Plan Work Session, Location TBD
January 21, 2020 - 5:30pm
February 4, 2020 - 5:30pm
February 18, 2020 - 5:30pm
As always if you have any comments/questions please reach out anytime.