Regular City Council Meeting Nov 19, 2019
We begin at 5:30pm with Mayor-elect Cathy Hoechst being sworn in on Tuesday evening if anyone wishes to attend. Councilmembers Marc Crail and Harmon Massey ran unopposed and will also take the Oath of Office for another term.
We have two presentations:
1. Winners announced in Light Pole Banner Contest
2. Proclamation for 2019 Small Business Saturday
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
October 15, 2019 City Council Work Session
October 15, 2019 CRA Governing Board
October 15, 2019 City Council Regular Session
November 5, 2019 City Council Regular Session
We have five Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2019-134, Authorization of real property purchase from Joe and Shirley Bradner.
City Council is being asked to approve the purchase of 2.67 acres on the North side of Hwy 19A for $569,000. If approved, this property will be the future home of Fire Station 35.
2. Resolution 2019-181, Provision of Substation Maintenance Services. City Council is asked to approve piggyback contracts to provide scheduled maintenance on our electric substation. $10,000 is being budgeted for the remainder of fiscal year 2019-20.
3. Resolution 2019-186, Authorization for the W.T. Bland Public Library to host a Food for Fines Donation Drive. This resolution allows the Library to accept canned goods, cleaning supplies, pet food, paper goods, new clothing and toys, etc. in lieu of fines.
4. Resolution 2019-187, FY 2018-19 Year End Budget Amendment. A municipality has 60 days from the end of the fiscal year to make budget amendments. City Council will be presented with information on two budget amendments. One amendment is to the Law Enforcement Trust Fund and the second is the Vehicle Replacement Fund.
5. Resolution 2019-176, Purchase of Bucket Truck from Altec Industries under Sourcewell Government Agency Purchasing Cooperative Contracts. City Council is asked to approve the purchase of a Bucket Truck with a 48 foot height capability. Purchase price is $169,387. During our budget session earlier this year Council agreed to budget $152,000 for a Bucket Truck with a boom height of 41 feet. The new Electric Supervisor has made the recommendation for the increased height at an additional cost of $17,387.
Future Meeting Dates:
December 3, 2019 - 5:30pm
December 17, 2019 - 5:30pm
January 7, 2020 - 5:30pm
January 21, 2020 - 5:30pm
If you have any questions please reach out anytime.