Upcoming City Council Meeting April 7, 2020
This meeting will be broadcast via Facebook Live so you can listen to the meeting and submit public comment via Facebook or by submitting the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on the day of the meeting. You may also call in, between the hours of 2pm and 4pm, to 352.735.7158 on the day of the meeting to participate. You will be given specific instructions at that time as to the LIVE process. Please be patient, this is a new process for everyone involved. Lastly, you may attend the meeting at City Hall but understand you will be seated as CDC Guidelines suggest based on required social distancing. The meeting begins at 5:30pm, Councilmembers will be present via phone.
We will begin the meeting with the Downtown CRA Board Meeting and the Northeast CRA Board Meeting. Each meeting has one agenda item.
Resolution 2020-24 (CRA) & (Northeast CRA) respectively. Authorization for Negotiation and Execution of Agreements for Construction Manager At Risk (CMAR) Services for Citywide Projects not to exceed Two Million Dollars. This Resolution is to authorize the negotiation and execution of pre-construction services agreements for CMAR Services for Citywide Projects not to exceed Two Million Dollars. The intended purpose of establishing a CMAR is to save time in each instance where a CMAR is needed for a City project. It takes months to evaluate firms for a project and that process can delay important projects.
The Consent Agenda includes one item:
Approval of Meeting Minutes
March 17, 2020 Regular City Council
March 17, 2020 CRA Governing Board
March 24, 2020 Special City Council
We have six Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2020-23, Approval of Pre-Construction Services Agreement for Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) Services for Public Works Facility. Staff has negotiated with Ajax Construction for pre-construction services pricing. Funding for pre-construction services is $134,761 for the almost $12,000,000 Public Works Facility.
2. Resolution 2020-24, Approval of Pre-Construction Services Agreements for Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) Services for Citywide Projects. This Resolution is to authorize the negotiation and execution of pre-construction services agreements for CMAR Services for Citywide Projects not to exceed Two Million Dollars. The intended purpose of establishing a CMAR is to save time in evaluating a potential CMAR for each instance where a CMAR is needed for a City project. It takes months to evaluate firms for a project and that process can cause delays for important projects.
3. Resolution 2020-44, Approval of the Sub-Recipient Agreement from the Division of Emergency Management Mitigation Bureau for the Overlook/Purple Heart Hazard Mitigation Grant Program. The City of Mount Dora has been approved for federal funding through a 75% reimbursement grant for engineering and repair of our stormwater system at Overlook Drive and Purple Heart Lane. This area experiences chronic localized flooding during heavy rains. The City's portion (25%) of the engineering phase is $11,237.50 The cost of the actual repair has yet to be determined.
4. Resolution 2020-45, Approval of Task Order Number 1 for A.C. Schultes for Water Supply Well Rehab at Water Plant #1. This water supply well was drilled in 1939 and is in need of rehabilitation. Currently this well is "out of service" until repairs can be made. Total cost is $63,975
5. Resolution 2020-47, Ranking of CEI firms for the Round Lake Master Lift Station. Council is asked to approve the final ranking of Construction Engineering Inspection Firms for the Round Lake Master Lift Station. This lift station is to support future growth in the Wolf Branch Innovation District. There is a grant for this project yet our City will still incur some cost for this project. That dollar amount was not provided in our agenda packets but I have requested it and will update this post once it is received. While City Council did approve funding for this in the 2019/20 budget, recent changes in our way of life may shine on a different light on expansion/growth projects.
6. Resolution 2020-50, Flow Power LLC, Authorizing Task Order for Substation and Generating Station Maintenance Services for Power Transformer Upgrade. Council is asked to approve repairs to two of three transformers that were tested through Dissolved Gas Analysis testing. Repairs will include new gaskets/seals, replacement of the main tank's cooling radiators, bushings and connections as well as dehydration of the water that has seeped into the oil through compromised sealing points. Estimated cost of this project including a 25% contingency is $54,719
We have three Ordinances:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2020-08, Annexation 0.93 Acre Wekiva Ridge, LLC (Parcel Alt Key 3860000). This Ordinance is to correct the original annexation from September 5, 2006. The legal description of the annexation neglected to include this 0.93 acre parcel which was intended to be included. This annexation will cost the City $1,400 to process (does not include City Attorney fees to review).
2. Final Reading Ordinance 2020-05, Mount Dora Code of Ordinances Amendment to Chapter 23 Floodplain Management. Some changes are necessary to our current Floodplain Management Ordinance to be in conformance with FEMA for Florida.
3. Final Reading Ordinance 2020-02, Final PUD Donnelly Woods. This is the final reading for the proposed Planned Unit Development (PUD) to include 112 apartments and 24,000 square feet of office space at the corner of Limit Ave and Donnelly St
Restatement of Resolution 2020-52, Local State of Emergency
City Manager Discussion:
Construction Projects Update
Functional Maintenance of Stormwater Ponds
Power Cost Adjustment Reducing Electric Rates
Financial Assistance with Utility Bills
Letter to Duke Energy
Federal BUILD Grant Application Status
Future Meeting Dates:
April 21, 2020 - 5:30pm Regular Meeting
May 5, 2020 - 5:30pm Regular Meeting
May 19, 2020 - 5:30pm Regular Meeting
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this agenda please reach out anytime. Please continue to practice social distancing and abide by the stay-at-home order especially if you are over 65 years of age. If you need a washable/reusable mask for times where you MUST leave your home please let me know.
One of our many supermoms in Mount Dora has created quite the assembly line including her mom and three kids to make as many masks as possible for those in need. Let me know if you're in need of a mask and I'll arrange delivery.
Please stay safe and healthy.