Upcoming City Council Meeting Tuesday, December 17, 2019
We begin at 5:30pm at City Hall with three items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Resolution 2019-190, Approval of Levey Consulting Work Order 1C. For the last two years Levey Consulting has been evaluating, planning and creating a projected plan for the Wolf Branch Innovation District. Our original agreement with Dr. Levey was for two years with the option to extend the contract for an additional year. Throughout this agreement the County has agreed to contribute $50,000 each year since Dr. Levey's work is also benefitting Lake County. The City of Mount Dora is asking for Council's approval to extend Dr. Levey's contract for the additional 12 months adding to his scope of services for the "production of a Design Guideline Manual that will govern the character of the Wolf Branch Innovation District" (four separate tasks). The County has not agreed to support this contract extension with their $50,000 contribution. However, the County has agreed to fund 50% of Task 1 only. Task 1 is at a cost not to exceed $22,500. Tasks 2-4 are not to exceed $27,500.
2. Resolution 2019-192, Approval of Ordinance Exemptions for the 2019 New Year's Eve Block Party. Special permission is needed to allow for the midnight fireworks display on New Year's Eve because of our current noise ordinance (10pm).
3. Approval of City Council Minutes:
-November 19, 2019 City Council Swearing-In
-November 19, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
-December 3, 2019 City Council Swearing-In
-December 3, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
We have three Resolutions:
1. Resolution 2019-191, Acceptance of Awarded Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) Grant for Cauley Lott Park Renovation, and Associated Budget Amendment.
The City has been awarded $200,000 for renovations to Cauley Lott Park located at the intersection of Highland and Pine in the Northeast part of Mount Dora. In order to receive this grant the City has to show matching funds so this Resolution also includes a budget adjustment moving money from the Grantham Pointe Seawall Project to the Cauley Lott Renovation project. Conditions of this grant include completion of the project within three years. Planning and Design will begin upon approval of this Resolution. Construction will begin in December 2020 with Project Completion in December 2021. Cauley Lott Park is a well used City park and is in dire need of renovations and upgrades.
2. Resolution 2019-178, Provision of Utility Tree Trimming Services. The City opened an Invitation to Bid for tree trimming services for our Electric Department. Davey Tree Expert Company was the lowest of the three bids received. Tree trimming to keep our electric lines clear of tree branches will come at a cost this year of $151,720
3. Resolution 2019-184, Piggyback Agreement for RCM Utilities with Zephyrhills. This agreement allows the City to have a water/wastewater small repairs company at the ready when repairs are needed. Currently, if a problem arises within our waste/wastewater system the City would have to open Bid for services and undergo a lengthy process to begin repairs. This Resolution allows RCM to be ready to get to work under an ongoing contract with the City of Mount Dora. It's difficult to put a dollar amount on this Resolution because repairs are done as needed. $53,012.33 is available in the Water/Wastewater Small Repairs Fund for such repairs.
We have two Ordinances:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-21, Annexation Bristol Lakes Phase II, LLC. In October of this year Bristol Lakes Apartments purchased the parcel adjacent to their current property from the Simpson Family.
Bristol Lakes is requesting that property be annexed into the City for Phase II of their apartment complex.
2. Final Reading of Ordinance 2019-20, Final PUD Cottages on 11th. This is the Final Reading of this Ordinance to approve a 27 home development on W 11th Ave.
1. Discussion Regarding Future Use of Highland Ave Property (Former Public Works Facility)
1. Lake County Library Advisory Board Appointment
2. Lake-Sumter MPO Governing Board
3. Advisory Board Appointments
City Attorney's Report:
1. Claims Update
2. Bradner Property Update
January 7, 2020 - 5:30pm
January 17, 2020 - Strategic Plan Work Session, Location TBD
January 21, 2020 - 5:30pm
February 4, 2020 - 5:30pm
February 18, 2020 - 5:30pm
As always if you have any comments/questions please reach out anytime.