Upcoming City Council Meeting - Tuesday, December 3, 2019
We begin at 5:30pm in City Hall Council Chambers
The Consent Agenda has one item.
1. Resolution 2019-182, Acceptance of Materials Donations from the Friends of the Library, the Mount Dora Library Association and the Mount Dora Community Trust. Council is asked to formally accept materials donated for the Children's Library Remodel.
We have four Resolutions for vote.
1. Resolution 2019-169, Transfer of Heim Field. City Council is being asked to approve the transfer of ownership of Heim Field to the Lake County School Board. This property was donated to the City by Mr. & Mrs. Heim back in 1925. Currently, Mount Dora High School uses this field at no cost but the school maintains the field. City Staff wishes to give this property to the Lake County School Board with the understanding it is to always remain an athletic field.
2. Resolution 2019-180, Solar II Project, Power Sales Contract between Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA) and the City of Mount Dora. Origis Energy has entered into contract with FMPA to construct a solar farm Northeast of Mount Dora, near Gainesville. 13 Florida municipalities will share the purchase of all energy produced by this solar farm. City Council is asked to approve this Agreement to purchase solar power from FMPA through their agreement with Origis Energy once the solar farm is complete. Construction is due to be completed by December 2023.
3. Resolution 2019-140, Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) Services-Fire Department: Approval of Pre-Construction Services Agreement. City Council is asked to approve this agreement for CMAR services as we prepare to develop plans for the new fire station on Limit Avenue.
4. Resolution 2019-179, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) Engineering Services, Electric Utility Substation Communications Upgrade Project. This project is for the upgrade of hardware and software used to control and monitor the City's substation transformers and protective breakers. The cost of this project is $49,970.
1. Entertainment District Update
2. Downtown Parking Implementation Plan Update
We have one Ordinance for vote.
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-20, Final PUD Cottages on 11th. This is the first reading of the Ordinance to allow a variance for the Cottages on 11th. The developer on this project is planning to build 27 homes on the property on West 11th Avenue that is currently owned by the Mount Dora Christian Academy.
The next City Council Meeting is December 17, 2019 at 5:30pm
If you have any questions/comments please reach out anytime.