Upcoming Regular City Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 5, 2020
In order to allow residents to attend this meeting, while maintaining safe social distancing, we will meet this Tuesday at 5:30pm in the Mount Dora Community Building next to City Hall, 512 N. Baker Street.
We begin with three Public Hearings - Ordinances
1. Final Reading of Ordinance 2020-02, Final PUD Donnelly Woods. This would be the final approval to allow construction of 112 apartments at the corner of Donnelly and Limit Ave along with 24,000 sq ft of medical/professional office space.
2. Final Reading Ordinance 2020-05, Mount Dora Code of Ordinances Amendment to Chapter 23 Floodplain Management. Representatives of the Florida Division of Emergency Management have provided the City several suggested minor changes as a result of recent State Law updates. This Ordinance will make those minor changes. This will be the Final Reading.
3. First Reading of Ordinance 2020-08, Annexation of 0.93 Acre Wekiva Ridge, LLC. This Ordinance is to correct the original annexation from September 5, 2006. The legal description of the annexation neglected to include this 0.93 acre parcel which was intended to be included. This annexation will cost the City $1,400 to process (does not include City Attorney fees to review). This public hearing was moved from a prior meeting's agenda due to COVID-19.
The Consent Agenda has two items for approval:
1. Resolution 2020-65, Change Order #1 - Purchase of Engineering Services from Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) for the Electric Utility Substation Communications Upgrade Project. This project was approved by City Council on March 3, 2020. However, as installation began it was determined that adding the required OUC functionality at this stage can be accomplished for a one-time cost of $9,260 thus eliminating the need to rent a communication line costing $7,860/year.
2. Approval of Meeting Minutes from April 21, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
Public Hearings - Resolutions
1. Resolution 2020-20, Master Plan Professional Services - Pegasus. City Council is being asked to approve a comprehensive Storm Water Master Plan. This plan will serve as the framework for the five year stormwater capital improvement program. The cost of this master plan is estimated at $145,000
2. Resolution 2020-55, Approval of BUILD Grant Application Submittal. City Council is asked to approve the submittal of this grant application for a $25 million Federal BUILD Grant to compete for funding for the proposed Wekiva Trail extension project.
If you remember back in February, Council approved the formation of an alliance with the City of Tavares and Lake County to advance this Rails to Trails project. The Cities of Tavares and Mount Dora have agreed to split the grant application cost of $42,000 while Lake County has agreed to fund the PD&E study at an estimated cost of $500,000. The Wekiva Trail will connect to the Seminole Wekiva Trail in the East and Tavares in the West running straight through Mount Dora.
3. Resolution 2020-56, Approval of Task Authorization/Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) for CMAR Services at 4th Ave Docks (Faden). The GMP for repairs to the 4th Ave docks is $52,278. These repairs were not anticipated. Funds are available through budget transfer from the monies saved on the purchase of replacement servers.
4. Resolution 2020-67, Approval of Urban County Cooperation Agreement. This Agreement allows the County to use Mount Dora's population for the purposes of calculating and receiving CDBGs (Community Development Block Grants) from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for fiscal years 2021-2023. These grants would be made directly to the County. This agreement has no budget impact on the City of Mount Dora.
City Manager will provide an update on construction projects.
If ever you have any questions regarding anything that I can help with please reach out anytime. Thank you for staying up to date with what's happening in our City. Please continue to follow the CDC Guidelines and stay safe and healthy.
Mount Dora City Council At-Large