Upcoming Work Session and Regular Meeting - June 4, 2019
The Work Session will begin at 1pm and will be held in the Lobby of the Community Building.
1. Rails/Trails Comparison - Discussion of Options, Advantages and Disadvantages. We will discuss the options of passenger rail service and trails systems through Downtown Mount Dora.
2. Presentation on Ransomware
3. Public Records Training - City Clerk will provide Council information in reference to Public Records requests.
4. Budget - CIP - Special Revenue, Debt; Capital Improvement and Operating Funds
Onto the Regular Meeting beginning at 5:30pm in City Hall
We begin with a presentation of the Mount Dora Fire Department ISO Rating Improvement and Recognition of Employees
Consent Agenda includes five items for collective approval:
1. Resolution 2019-55, Historic Marker for 140 E. 7th Avenue
2. Resolution 2019-56, Historic Marker for 308 N. Tremain Street
3. Resolution 2019-57, Historic Marker for 312 N, Tremain Street
4. Resolution 2019-62, Approval to Launch Fireworks at the Freedom on the Waterfront Event.
5. Approval of City Council Meeting Session Minutes
We have six Resolutions to vote on:
1. Resolution 2019-54, Preliminary Plat Lakes of Mount Dora Phase 5C. Approval of this Resolution would allow for an additional 61 homes to be constructed on Bridgeport Bay Circle.
2. Resolution 2019-70, Department of Economic Agreement between Lake County and the City. Lake County was awarded a $2,500,000 grant for the construction of a master lift station on Round Lake Road. This agreement will allow the City to use $1,500,000 of that grant to build the lift station. The money will be repaid from future sewer impact fees as growth begins in the Wolf Branch Innovation District.
3. Resolution 2019-59, Ward Place Replat. This property is 2.43 acres on the corner of Park Place and Old Hwy 441 (see map provided).
The owner wishes to replat this property to create a minor subdivision named Ward Place. It will include 3 residential lots, 2 of which will have boat docks on Lake Gertude.
4. Approval of Resolution 2019-65, Responding Action Interlocal Service Boundary Agreement. This Resolution allows the City of Mount Dora to become part of negotiations between the City of Eustis and Lake County regarding voluntary annexations.
5. Resolution 2019-68, Amendment #2 to St. Johns River Water Management District for the Apopka Interconnect Project. The Interconnect project has 60% of the main piping installed and is moving along on schedule. However, some parts for the pump house are on backorder which could potentially create a situation where this project will not be completed within the timeframe allowed by the Grant we received. This Resolution will request a three month extension (December 31, 2019) for the completion date of this project in case it cannot be completed by September 28, 2019.
6. Resolution 2019-71, Establishing a Hardship Assistance Program for the Fire Assessment Fee. This will establish requirements for qualification of Hardship Assistance for the Fire Assessment Fee.
1. Final Reading of Ordinance 2019-07, Change in Zoning City of Mount Dora. This is the final reading of the change in zoning regarding the property purchased by the City of Mount Dora at the corner of 3rd and Baker.
If you have any questions please reach out anytime. firstname.lastname@example.org or 352.805.8174
Please encourage your friends/neighbors to sign up to receive these updates. As always if you have comments or wish to share your thoughts about any of these items that will come before Council for vote please share them with me anytime.
City Council Member At-Large