Upcoming Work Session and Regular Meeting - May 21, 2019
How on Earth is it already the middle of May?
3pm Work Session at City Hall. Just one topic for discussion. This will be a joint session with the members of the Ad Hoc Charter Review Committee to discuss their proposed changes to the City's Charter. If you remember at the end of last year each Council member appointed a resident to be part of the Charter Review Committee. After months of going through our Charter, City Council will hear their proposed changes. Any changes to the City's Charter have to be voted on by the public so you will see these proposed changes on your ballot this Fall.
5:30pm Regular Meeting at City Hall.
We begin with a Pinning Ceremony for several firefighters. There are three items on our Consent Agenda (reminder: the Consent Agenda is approved with one vote unless a Council member chooses to pull one or more items from the Consent Agenda). 1. Resolution 2019-51, Approval of road closures for the 2019 2nd Annual Run on Round Lake 5K. 2. Resolution 2019-52, Approval of road closures for the 2019 3rd Annual Juneteenth Festival on Historic Grandview. 3. Approval of City Council Meeting Session Minutes.
1. Resolution 2019-43, Approval of the Dora Parc Replat. Dora Parc is the subdivision on South Clayton that sits next to Chautauqua. Originally, the developer wanted to allow for 38 individual boat slips to be constructed on the canal that leads to Lake Dora. They now wish to alter the design to allow that area to be one large community area to be shared by all homeowners. If the HOA wishes to build a boat slip that is allowed.
2. Resolution 2019-60, Authorization to Negotiate for Architectural Services for Fire Stations and Related Facilities. City Council is asked to approve the Ranking for Architectural Design Services for the three fire stations, administrative offices and possibly a training facility.
3. Resolution 2019-61, Authorization to Negotiate for Construction Manager at Risk Services for Fire Stations and Related Facilities. City Council is asked to approve the Ranking for Construction Manager At Risk Services for the three fire stations, administrative offices and possibly a training facility. Not sure what a Construction Manager At Risk is? I wasn't either until I ran for City Council. Here is a definition: The Construction Manager is generally selected on the basis of qualifications, past experience or a best-value basis. During the design phase, the construction manager provides input regarding scheduling, pricing, phasing and other input that helps the owner design a more constructible project. The owner and the construction manager negotiate a 'guaranteed maximum price' for the construction of the project based on the defined scope and schedule. If this price is acceptable to both parties, they execute a contract for construction services, and the construction manager becomes the general contractor.
4.Resolution 2019-53, Authorization for the W.T. Bland Library to host a Food for Fines Donation Drive
5. Resolution 2019-49, Award of contract to DRMP for Construction Engineering and Inspection for US 441 Utility Relocation Work. City Council previously approved the ranking and entering into contract negotiations with DRMP for this project. Council is now being asked to approve the cost and scope of work. This contract is for an amount not to exceed $330,855. The contract amount of $330,855 will be reimbursed from the FDOT Economic Development Grant Funds Account.
1. Final Reading of Ordinance 2019-10, Amending Chapter Two of the City of Mount Dora Code of Ordinances pertaining to meetings of the Parks and Recreation Board
2. Final Reading of Ordinance 2019-11, Amending Chapter Two of the City of Mount Dora Code of Ordinances pertaining to the candidate qualification time period
Fire Assessment Fee Methodology Discussion - GSG Consulting will present option for Council to consider and discuss regarding the Fire Assessment Fee as well as the Hardship Relief Program.
Use of Public Property for Special Events-this discussion will help determine the level of future involvement the City should have in Special Events.
If you have any questions please reach out any time.
Store my number in your phone so you always have it. 352.805.8174
Look for the recap of both the Work Session and Regular Meeting on Tuesday evening.