Upcoming Work Session & Meeting
This Tuesday we begin with a jam packed work session at 1pm. Topics for discussion include:
1. Downtown Parking Implementation Plan Update
2. Sandwich Board Signs - This discussion will center around the downtown merchants putting their sandwich boards out in the center of the street during festivals.
3. CCNA Process - City Attorney will take some time to discuss services that may be secured using the CCNA (Consultant's Competitive Negotiation Act) process.
4. Discussion of Passenger Rail Service in Mount Dora and Follow-up from the March 22, 2019 Meeting
5. Wastewater Treatment Plant #1 Capital Improvement Evaluation - The City has contracted with Kimley-Horn to perform a facility evaluation on this wastewater treatment facility to make recommendations to enhance treatment processes for greater nutrient removal and increase capacity from 1.5 million gallons per day to 2.0 million gallons per day.
6. iPad Training - This is an opportunity for Councilmembers to get some training from our IT Director and IT Staff.
We start with three presentations.
1. Update from Dr. Levey on Economic Development
2. 2019 Summer Camp Program
3. National Library Week
On the Consent Agenda are five items. Remember, any items on the consent agenda are not discussed and voted on individually. Council votes to approve every item on the Consent Agenda with one vote, unless one or more Councilmembers "pull" an item from the Consent Agenda. In that case the item(s) pulled would be discussed and voted on separate from the Consent Agenda items.
1. Approval of the minutes from the last work session & meeting.
2. Resolution 2019-30, Approval of Art in the Alley
3. Resolution 2019-32, Rusty Anchor Lease Agreement Amendment
4. Resolution 2019-38, Setting City Council Meeting Start Time at 5:00pm
5. Resolution 2019-39, Rescinding Resolution 2018-59 Lake County Potable Water, Reclaimed Water and Wastewater Services Territorial Agreement
Only one Ordinance will be discussed and voted on. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-08, Board Membership for the General Employees' Retirement System. This Ordinance will clarify the language as it relates to who is eligible to be a member of the Board of Trustees.
For those of you that cannot make the meetings I will give a complete recap of both the work session and regular meeting tomorrow night after we wrap up. If you have any questions or comments to share please email me anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading. If you have any neighbors, friends or family that would like to receive these updates please email me their email address and I'll add them to my distribution list.