Upcoming Work Session, Regular City Council Meeting and Downtown CRA Meeting
Tuesday, October 15th we will begin our Work Session at 2:00pm in the City Hall Council Chamber. We have two items on the agenda:
1. Golf Association Bid Process. One response was received to the Request for Offer for Purchase of Real Property (1100 South Highland Street). No member of the Evaluation Committee, which includes all City Councilmembers, may communicate either verbally or in writing regarding this submittal. I will provide a full recap on Tuesday evening but for now no questions or comments please.
2. Ribbon Cutting at 3rd and Baker Parking Lot - Site Visit. Soft opening of the new parking lot which adds 49 parking spaces to the downtown area.
The Regular City Council Meeting will begin at 5:30pm in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
We have three presentations:
1. Recognize Accomplishments of Mount Dora High School ROTC
2. FMPA Solar II Project
3. Florida City Government Week Proclamation
There are three items on the Consent Agenda. Remember, unless a Councilmember pulls an item from the Consent Agenda for further discussion, all items are simultaneously approved with Council's majority vote.
1. Resolution 2019-165, Acceptance of Historic Grant. The City has been awarded a $50,000 State grant in order to update the City's inventory of historic site surveys.
2. Resolution 2019-166, Historic Plaque for Rehbaum Warehouse Site. City Council is asked to approve the addition of a Historic Plaque for "The Rehbaum Warehouse" based on the Historical and Cultural significance for the site located at 206 E 3rd Ave. This plaque will cost $3,000
3. Approval of Meeting Minutes
- September 19, 2019 City Council Special Session pertaining to Special Events
- September 19, 2019 Northeast CRA Governing Board
- September 19, 2019 CRA Governing Board
- September 19, 2019 City Council Regular Session
- October 1, 2019 City Council Regular Session
We have six Resolutions on the agenda:
1. Resolution 2019-106, Adoption of the Wolf Branch Innovation District Implementation Plan. Council is asked to approve the final plan to advance the planning and economic development of the Wolf Branch Innovation District. The Estimated Budget Impact of this plan totals $104,350
2. Resolution 2019-107, Funding Agreement with Lake-Sumter Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Wekiva Trail. City Council is asked to approve the study for the preferred trail route from Sorrento to Downtown Mount Dora. The study will cost $200,000 and will be managed by the Lake Sumter MPO.
3. Resolution 2019-162, Approving East Central Florida Regional Resilience Collaborative Memorandum of Understanding. This commitment comes at no cost to the City. 8 counties and 78 cities were invited to join this collaborative. Participating in this collaborative aligns with the City's strategic goals of Economic Development, Infrastructure, Fiscal Resources, Growth Management and Public Safety.
4. Resolution 2019-161, Award of Invitation to Bid Land Clearing Services. City Council is asked to award this contract for land clearing of the 8.15 acres on Limit Ave next to Water Plant #1. This is the future site of Fire Station 34, the City's new Public Works Facility as well as Administrative space. The orange groves will be cleared and debris burned on-site via Air Curtain Incineration. This is the most cost effective option, $49,923
5. Resolution 2019-160, Purchase of new pumps through Hydra Service, Inc. The developer of Stoneybrook is moving ahead with Phase 3 of new home construction. This increased sewer production will require an increase in the motor size for our Lift Station inside Stoneybrook. The current pump has 47hp motors and the new motors will be 70hp. The cost of the two new motors is $52,391. The 47hp motors will be retained and used as back-up motors for other lift stations.
6. Resolution 2019-154, Piggyback agreement of the City of Milton agreement for utility billing services provided by ENCO. City Council is asked to approve this agreement for ENCO to provide utility billing services for the City.
The budgeted cost for 2019-2020 is $77,000. **Please consider receiving your utility billing electronically. If you need assistance setting up your account for email billing please call or email me, I'll be happy to help. This is $77,000 our City could be saving if everyone signs up for paperless billing.
We have two Ordinances on the agenda:
1. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-13, Special Events. This ordinance creates the structural framework for the fees to be charged for Special Events.
2. First Reading of Ordinance 2019-19, Community Redevelopment Agency Redevelopment Plan of 2019. The CRA Redevelopment Plan of 2012 is in need of a strategic update. This process will extend the sunset date of the Agency to 2047, the maximum allowed life of the CRA by state law.
We have one item for Discussion:
1. Resolution 2019-127, Lincoln Park and Pool Scope of Services with GAI Community Solutions Group. On September 19, 2019, a request was presented to Council to approve this Resolution. The vote was 3-3. Mayor Girone, Councilmembers Rolfson and Massey voted in favor. Councilmembers Tucker, Crail and Stile voted against. Councilmember Tillett was not present, the Resolution did not pass. Councilmember Tillett has requested to discuss this item with the City Council.
City Manager will provide Departmental Updates and Project Updates.
Following the regular meeting, we will reconvene as the Community Redevelopment Agency Board. We have two discussion items:
1. Resolution 2019-164 (CRA), Agreement with Boromei Construction for restrooms at the 3rd & Baker Parking Lot. Boromei Construction, Inc. was the lowest responsive bidder to provide restrooms at the new parking lot at 3rd & Baker. The cost of the restrooms is $117,195
2. Resolution 2019-172 (CRA), Community Redevelopment Agency Redevelopment Plan of 2019. The CRA Redevelopment Plan of 2012 is in need of a strategic update. This process will extend the sunset date of the Agency to 2047, the maximum allowed life of the CRA by state law.
If you have any questions/concerns about any items on this agenda please reach out anytime. Thank you for taking time to be involved.